To support production by maintaining machinery, buildings, and mechanical equipment in a safe and efficient manner to maximize machine uptime.
- Takes charge of his as well as other employee’s safety.
- Maintains machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Pay will be established based upon the candidate’s individual qualifications and history of performance and pay. Hourly Non-Exempt.
High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of three years of in-trade industrial skilled maintenance experience required.
- Must possess a strong focus on Safety and demonstrate prior safety knowledge.
- Experience with welding, cutting, fabrication and equipment maintenance required.
- Previous experience with hydraulic systems preferred
- Previous experience and training with overhead cranes preferred
- Basic electrical knowledge preferred.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and work under minimal supervision required.
- Must have good communication skills and basic math skills.
- Must possess experience working with power tools.
- Ability to multitask and manage time required.
- Ability to follow directions and work rules and accept constructive feedback required.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notification required, including weekends and holidays.
- Self starter – able to work alone and in groups to accomplish goals.
- Ability to interpret data to come to conclusions when all of the information is not available.
- Safety – Our basic philosophy is to not take chances – “No amount of personal risk is worth any amount of production.”
- Quality – Focus on identifying root causes of malfunctions/breakages and put in place repairs that will eliminate recurrence.
- Communication – Interface with supervisors and plant management to identify issues and report on successful completion of tasks.
Apply for this Position
To apply for this job email your details to BCollins@scsteel.com